At Sapho, we’re committed to making the lives enterprise employees easier and helping them get more done by arming them with the software experiences they need to unleash their full potential. In 2017, we remained focused on delivering a digital experience portal that makes it easy for employees to access the most relevant information and tasks from any of the enterprise systems they use at work. It’s been an incredible year – we look forward to sharing our growth numbers soon – and our efforts brought some exciting milestones for us as a company.
Here are our top five highlights of 2017:
1. New partnerships with enterprise leaders: We kicked off 2017 with a major announcement around our partnership with IBM, and specifically our ability to modernize IBM Domino. Throughout the year, we added many new partners, including VMware and Microsoft. These partnerships have allowed us to securely deliver intelligent, event-driven notifications and micro apps from legacy, on-premises, and SaaS systems to employees’ digital workspace to enable better decision making and improve productivity into the places where enterprise employees spend the most time.
2. Continued focus on adding system integrations. Throughout the year, we announced several new integrations to ensure we can connect to the systems employees are using and then deliver information everywhere employees are. For example, we added new integrations for systems such as SAP SuccessFactors, SAP Ariba, Concur Travel, so IT can build micro apps that streamline workflows, enabling employees to get more done in less time. Along with these, we also added support for security and identity systems like BlackBerry Dynamics and Ping Identity to enable IT to manage and protect their Sapho App without putting company data at risk. We also added endpoint channels, such as IBM Connections, Microsoft Teams, and Facebook Workplace, so employees can complete work in the systems they are already using.
3. A new round of funding. We announced our $14M Series B funding round in April! With the new funds, we started building (and continue to build) a global sales team and are furthering our goals of tripling the productivity and effectiveness of the enterprise workforce. The funding came on the heels of our significant momentum from 2016, where we experienced 320 percent YOY revenue growth and 200 percent YOY customer growth, including CBS interactive, Super Deluxe, Kubernetes, and more. In the next few weeks, we will be sharing our impressive growth numbers for 2017!
4. A brand new website. This fall, we launched our new website, creating a single place to easily access all things Sapho. For me personally, this was an exciting accomplishment as it showcased how well our global team across all disciplines can work together – not always the easiest thing to do! In addition to a new, modern design, our site also now showcases Sapho Modern Portal use cases, new resources, product demos, and much more to support our mission to transform the way people work.
5. …And don’t forget 2 office moves. Sapho grew significantly in 2017 – not only in revenues, but in people! Over the summer, both the US and Czech Republic teams out grew their offices and moved to bigger and better spaces, allowing us the room to scale our team and meet the needs of our fast-growing customer base. These new spaces also allow our founders to decorate in a way that make them feel at home (If you ever wanted to know where the name Sapho came from, now you know!)
There is no doubt that 2017 was a monumental year and we are looking forward to another great year in 2018.
Happy holidays and from all of us here at Sapho, we wish you the very best new year!